Recognizing God's call on each church to "make disciples" (Matthew 28:19), we also recognize that like a puzzle piece, each church takes on a different shape as it seeks to live out the Great Commission and thus being part of the Kingdom of God. Therefore, the following values shape us to do ministry and to minister at East Hills...
(to read/open the verse reference in a new tab, right click and click on "Open in a new tab")
- God's Word - Discipleship is rooted in God's Word and our obedience to it; therefore effective teaching of God's Word on Sunday morning, in our small groups, and in each of our ministries is vital.
- Worship - Realizing worship is not simply singing; but offering ourselves to God, East Hills teaches worship as a lifestyle and also provides a significant worship experience through music.
- Leadership - Raising up leaders to influence others for the Kingdom of God.
- Missions - Not only financially providing support to those in the mission field; but also actively serving in the mission field ourselves locally and globally.
- Serving and Ministry - God has gifted each of us to serve one another and we believe that all believers are ministers and should be in ministry using their gifts.
- Small Groups - Not just Bible studies; but people of faith doing life together. Living out our faith in community with one another learning to love God and one another, investigating God's Word, experiencing real fellowship, and evangelizing others.
- Integration - We believe our young people are not just the church of tomorrow; but also the church of today and therefore include them in our ministry efforts based on their giftedness and passion. We seek to include all people of all ages, backgrounds and cultures to be involved in the calling to make disciples.
- Church Multiplication - God has placed a call on East Hills to multiply churches. As a church plant itself in 1998, East Hills has already planted two churches locally and two others in Africa, along with being part of two other local church starts. We believe in multiplying churches in whatever ways God makes available.
- Family Oriented - Focusing on family events, integrating families into ministry, teaching and modeling family roles (husband, mother, child, etc.) are all vital elements at East Hills.